Two years ago I was lucky to attend the Weston-super-Mare Carnival which you can read about here During the carnival I shot off a load of images of people taking part. The original background to this image was a part of a carnival float but it was just too distracting, so I cut him out and added him to a background of my own.
Does that dark background work?
To cut him out I used a great program called Topaz Re-Mask, post processing in Photoshop was basically blending the layers and adding a touch of NIK Glamour Glow, which helps with blending the two layers. As the area around his eyes was dark I also used a bit of the Photoshop Dodge tool just to highlite the eyes.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Hot (mikehardisty.wordpress.com)
- Creating Textures in Photoshop (photofocus.com)
- Photoshop (violetmade.wordpress.com)
- Cool Filters for Photoshop (beast4romtheeast.wordpress.com)
- Change The Look Of your Photos (cardsmall.wordpress.com)
- 10 Killer Photoshop Tricks (aybanlim.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Colorful – Park Your Car At The Prettiest Meter!! (elflacocottetwo.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Colorful (ceceliafutch.wordpress.com)
- WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge: Colorful (ichoosehappynow.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Colorful (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Colorful (thebloggingpath.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge…Colourful (misswhiplash.wordpress.com)
- IL VENTAGLIO – Weekly Photo Challenge (Colorful) (suvesabun.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Colorful (mikehardisty.wordpress.com)
- or not – Weekly Photo Challenge | Colorful (whatsbuggingmetoday.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Colorful (snapsbytwinkle.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge- Colorful (consumerjournaldotnet.wordpress.com)
- Adding a Texture for Flair! (sydspix.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Colorful (adventurewriter.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Colorful Korea! (privatemixture.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challege: Colorful (yobynos.wordpress.com)