Sometimes you just have to admit you can’t do without something and that’s the way it is with me and the Fuji’s MyFinePix site which I stopped using due to a disagreement between Fuji and myself. Although I run two blogs, am active on Flickr and several HDR sites I miss the friendly banter (?) of the Fuji site. So for several months I have been starting to participate again using the screen name of “The Photographer”. I think that several people knew or suspected who I was because it is very difficult to hide your photographic style. Take this image for example
As soon as I submitted it I get a comment along the lines of;
You have a style that is, to me, instantly recognisable. I am not sure what you call it, but this ‘old world’ look is very appealing to the eye.
Now I might not go as far as to say that but looking back over a lot of my old work I do seem to go for a particular style. So maybe it’s time to change. Perhaps I need some for of structured challenge to get me away from that particular style.
So with that in mind, although I’ve always been against them, I’m going to join a Photographic Club. Shock, Horror! There’s a meeting this Wednesday of our local club and I’m going to be there.
Technical Note: Image is a bracket of 5 RAW from -2 to +2 in 1 EV steps, taken with a Samsung GX10 fitted with an 18-50mm kit lens @ 23mm. ISO 100, f13, shutter speeds 0.7 sec to 10 sec. Camera was mounted on a RedSnapper RS-284 & RSH-12 Ball Head and the shutter was fired using infra-red remote control. HDR processing was with PhotoMatix. Post processing consisted of using several textures to darken and grunge up the image followed by some NIK Color Efex, mainly Glamour Glow and Darken/Lighten Centre
- St Hilary’s Chapel – Denbigh (nothingbuthdr.wordpress.com)
- Fremantle Fishing Boat Harbour (nothingbuthdr.wordpress.com)
- Weston-super-Mare Beach (nothingbuthdr.wordpress.com)
- Loch McNess (nothingbuthdr.wordpress.com)
- Blues Brothers (mikehardisty.wordpress.com)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) Photography (rtiptonphoto.com)
- Fuji X100 – Mini roundup and thoughts (jonathanjk.com)
- A Time to Get Busy With Nick’s Rad Pre-party Photos of Shutter Speed (theselvedgeyard.wordpress.com)
- Exposure Modes (pixiq.com)
- What effect does aperture and shutter speed have on exposure (wiki.answers.com)
- Q&A – What cameras I have & how I edit my photographs. (thecreativediarist.com)
- Blackpool: Fuji Instax Photographs (thecreativediarist.com)
- Sandocross (mikehardisty.wordpress.com)
- A Beginners Guide to Capturing Motion in Your Photography (digital-photography-school.com)