Sometimes you can be driving along a road and spot something worth photographing but there’s no way you can stop safely or even turn around. Maybe you take a detour and spot something worth photographing but you don’t have time to stop. Or worse still, you can stop, but you don’t have your camera with you. It’s happened to me often enough and I’m sure it must have happened to you.
Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I was heading along the A55 through North Wales, going to Llandudno from Prestatyn. There were major road works just as I joined the A55 and traffic was all backed up, so being local, I decided to jump off at the first junction and there it was. A lone tree standing in a field of newly planted rape seed. Best of all there was somewhere I could stop, park the car and get easy access.
What more could I ask for? Well a nice sunny day and something interesting happening in the sky would be nice. Oh! Of course and the rape seed to be all nice and yellow….
And that’s what it was last weekend. Lovely yellow field, nice green tree and a blue sky with wispy cloud and some high-flying airline vapour trails. Perfect just perfect. Needless to say I spent a good bit of time here.
- Custom Levi’s Shorts & Yellow Fields (raindropsofsapphire.com)
- A new profile picture (wcs4.blogspot.com)
- Precedent Studies: Dujiangyan, China. Water Culture Plaza: ‘The Golden Canopy’ (undergraduatehorticulture.wordpress.com)
- “If I dont hold on to my Bum, I think It might fall off!” (thewalkingdiaries.wordpress.com)
- Straitstimes: Traces of radiation found on samples of veggies (mywordsaregold.wordpress.com)
- Oilseed rape, bees, lettuces and mobile phone masts: the right to information | David Hart (guardian.co.uk)
- Garnier Eye Makeup Remover (pinksjokolade.wordpress.com)
- The Tree in the Midst of the Bushes (bigbasslakemi.wordpress.com)
- A55 was free from roadworks for just 51 days last year (dailypost.co.uk)
- Spring has sprung! (blomquistfamilyadventures.wordpress.com)
- The what flowers? Rape flowers! (roryinchina.wordpress.com)
- First crop circle of the season appears in historic Wiltshire field (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- Wednesday Hodgepodge – 22nd June (sterlingsop.wordpress.com)
- Day trip to Llandudno (littleyellowbear.wordpress.com)
- Greens again (ckenb.blogspot.com)
- The (what’s getting to be at least weekly) allotment update (lacer.wordpress.com)