They say everything comes to those who wait and I’ve been waiting a long time. A pair have been visiting my garden feeders but just flying in, snatching a few seeds and getting out really fast. Tonight I’m in the garden watering the plants, not more than a few metres from the feeders and they both flew in. Couldn’t believe it, how cheeky is that….
They stayed long enough for me to go into the house, change the lens, fit a clean memory card and bang off about 30 shots. I was really surprised when I walked back through the garden to get the camera as I thought they would fly off then, but they didn’t seem in the least bothered that I was moving about.
- Goldfinch Update (mimaphillips.wordpress.com)
- Pigeon post prandial (blinker3.wordpress.com)
- Are bird feeders like stockyard feedlots? (slowbirding.wordpress.com)
- Other Climbs and Times (animalsoureverything.wordpress.com)
- Birdwatch 2011 (mimaphillips.wordpress.com)
- “You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm.” (keepthecoffeecoming.wordpress.com)