I know I’ve shown images of Knightstone Island before but this is slightly different. It’s from Knightsone Island looking along the causeway towards Dauncys Hotel. Knightstone Island historically housed a theatre, swimming pool and sauna. After years of disrepair and dereliction, the area was redeveloped by Redrow Homes. During 2006/2007, luxury apartments were built on the site.
At high tides the causeway is often covered by the sea. In earlier posts here I have shown the danger of this as people try to walk along the causeway when the tide is already washing over it. I’ve also posted an article about a stormy night on Knightstone Island.
Technical Note: Image is a bracket of 3 RAW from -2 to +2 in 2 EV steps taken with a Samsung GX10 fitted with an 18-50mm kit lens @ 18mm. ISO 100, f8, shutter speeds from 4 sec to 15 sec. Camera was mounted on a RedSnapper RS-284 & RSH-12 Ball Head and the shutter was fired using infra-red remote control. HDR processing was with Unified Color‘s HDR Express
- The Sea Is A Dangerous Place (mikehardisty.wordpress.com)
- “We propose revitalising Birnbeck Island by reconceiving it as a… (new-aesthetic.tumblr.com)
- Lindisfarne Priory (apostcardaday.blogspot.com)
- Shutter.Speed. (mirrormoments.wordpress.com)
- Holy Island tourists ‘driving into North Sea’ (20114t.wordpress.com)