Quite often when I am putting together a piece for digital artwork I will use an HDR to create the base image for the final artwork. In this image I have taken a 5 exposures @ 1 Ev bracketing and combined them using Unified Color‘s HDR Express. Usually when I am creating something like this I am quite aggressive with the sliders. During post processing of the HDR image I wanted to get that aged look but not go too heavy. I’ve always found that using grungy textures gives a quite good result. However, for this image I didn’t want it too dark so I used some lighter textures with multiply as the blend mode.
- Photo A Day August – 1st (mikehardisty.wordpress.com)
- Photo A Day August – 3rd (mikehardisty.wordpress.com)
- The Alley View (gallery32.wordpress.com)
- Creating grunge paper-textured top for your website (skyje.com)
- Photo A Day August – 2nd (mikehardisty.wordpress.com)