In 2002 the idea of a Nobel Square was initiated by the then Premier of the Western Cape, Ebrahim Rasool. The idea was to honour South Africa’s four Nobel Peace Prize Laureates for the role they played in achieving peace and democracy. Each one at a different time in history. Four sculptures now stand in the form of a crescent with Table Mountain in the background.
They are slightly larger than life-size and have each individual’s preferred quotations engraved in their chosen language in front of the sculptures.
The four Laureates are:
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Faces (hereandthere5.wordpress.com)
- : Weekly Photo Challenge: Faces (maggiephotgraphy.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Faces I (melonpops.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Faces (ilovemandaue.wordpress.com)
- weekly photo challenge: faces (andreadreamin.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Faces (threesticksofwatusi.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Faces (fromundermanyhats.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge- Faces (diggingher.wordpress.com)
- I See Faces: Weekly Photo Challenge (Faces) (suvesabun.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Faces (slightlyinsightful.com)