This is not strictly a weekly photo challenge more of a gripe, but please read on as I think it’s important to us all. The subject this week is WRONG and I thought it was an ideal time to highlight this problem which has just started occurring. I’ve always been a firm believer in using the related links on my blog and generally I rely on Zemanta to point me to those links. If you’re not using Zemanta, why not? It comes free with your blog and I really recommend its use. What does it do? In a nutshell Zemanta will suggest photographs, links and keywords for you to include while you are writing your blog post. I never use the photographs, on my blog they’re all my own, but I do use Zemanta to find blog posts that are entitled Weekly Photo Challenge. These are what I insert as related links.
Sometimes I can reach up to about 40 related links which previously Zemanta has faithfully supplied. Once I insert them into my article a pingback is initiated to your blog should you happen to be on the list. That was until last week. Suddenly I find that I can only insert a maximum of 10 links. Either WordPress or Zemanta has imposed an arbitrary limit, without notification.
I’ve looked on the WordPress Support pages, currently they are still advising that you can use as many related articles as you like so either there is a fault or they need to update the advice. Talking of WordPress Support, have you ever tried to contact them? I have found no matter how you answer those 3 questions you will always end up in the forums. Now the forums are good, there are some very knowledgeable people on there, but no one seems to be able to provide an answer to this problem, if that’s what it is. Here’s what it looks like when you try to insert that additional link.
That’s not very clear but to the right you can see that Zemanta has successfully displayed what the elated link is about. But, that grey box just to the side of it says you’ve reached your maximum of 10 inserts. I really do find this very frustrating.
If you are a Zemanta user are you finding the same problem? Or is everything ok with you. I’d love to hear your thoughts on this.
- Zemanta now available on WordPress.com (zemanta.com)
- Zemanta Content Recommendations Tools Now Integrated Into TypePad (zemanta.com)
- [WORDPRESS] What is Zemanta Blogging Assistant on WordPress.com (crunchedd.com)
- What is Zemanta? (debsanswers.wordpress.com)
- Tutorial: using filter function with Zemanta (zemanta.com)
- Integrating Zemanta into your compose experience (everything.typepad.com)
- Blogspire by Zemanta (likewhy.com)
- LEARN – Using Zemanta to Write a Blog Post (eatpaintlearn.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Wrong (mikehardisty.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Wrong (picturebandit.wordpress.com)