With effect from today I am happy to announce that all future photographs appearing on “Say It With A Camera” will now be licensed Creative Commons, and in addition, will no longer be watermarked.
Previous watermarked and copyright photographs will remain the same but you may use them as though they were Creative Commons licensed. In essence I would spend more time changing the license details for the hundreds of photographs that appear on “Say It With A Camera” than I would taking new photographs and I know what I’d rather do
What does this mean to you? Nothing actually, unless you want to use one of my photographs. However, should you wish to do so I am in effect giving you a license based on the sample acceptable use policy as defined by the Creative Commons License.
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
With Creative Commons you are free:
- To Share: Copy, Distribute, and Transmit the image
- To Remix: Create Derivative works of the image
Under these conditions:
- Attribution: Attribution to Mike Hardisty and Say It With A Camera must be made along with the image.
- Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances.
Examples of Non-Commercial acceptable use;
- Blog Post describing a trip to North Wales or any other location
- Online article discussing the growing popularity of photography
- A website for a school project about the use of light in art
- An individual using an image as a desktop background for the computer monitor
For the full scope of the license and what defines commercial use of my photographs please read the Licensing page.