I had forgotten about this photograph which I took last year on a trip to my hometown of Glasgow. Whilst searching for something completely different this was thrown up by Lightroom based on the “keyword” red.
And so to the photograph. It was a sec exposure at f11 and ISO 100. I used a tripod and a remote shutter release as I couldn’t have any movement. otherwise it would have turned out blurred. But if you look at the clouds you can see that they are blurred due to them moving during the period the shutter was open. One of those things, can’t be helped, but I sort of like it anyway.
The building you can see reflected has, as you can guess, something to do with BBC Scotland, which is a division of the British Broadcasting Corporation, the publicly funded broadcaster of the United Kingdom. BBC Scotland is responsible for broadcasting in Scotland and produces about 15,000 hours of programming for television and radio in both Scotland and the rest of the UK.
It’s a bit of a short article this week as I’ve been working flat-out on a project to photograph 10 churches before the end of the month. The project requires specific items to be photographed in each church and so I’m spending two to three hours in each one, moving around taking photographs. It can be quite weird at times, these old building creak and groan, especially when it’s windy. Normally it doesn’t bother me but in one church I had a bit of scare. Maybe scare is not the right word here, more of a start.
Anyway, I’m in this beautiful church and I had just gone upstairs to the tiers above to take some photographs looking down to the pews and stained glass windows below.
That’s when I heard something scurrying away across the wooden floor of the balcony. I couldn’t see it but it sounded too big to be a mouse. Thoughts of “The Rats by James Herbert” came to mind at this point. If you’ve never read the book it opens by introducing the reader to an alcoholic vagrant, resting in an abandoned and forgotten lock-keeper’s house by a canal. As he is ruminating over the injustices inflicted upon him in his life, he is suddenly set upon by a pack of dog-sized rats.
Ugh! I hate rats…..
- Reflections (artifactsandfictions.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Reflections (siobhanmcnamara.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Reflection (howzitme.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Reflection (francineinretirement.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Reflections (trishadm.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Reflection (longwalksanddarkchocolate.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge Reflections on a Sunset (piecesofstarlight.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Reflections ~ Your own identity …. (iiteeeestudents.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Reflection (ugiridharaprasad.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Reflections (barktime.wordpress.com)