It’s been over a week since I’ve last made a post on Say It With A Camera. OK I’ll admit it, I’ve been a bit lazy but in my defence I have been busy with other things. That’s why it is with regret that I have to announce that this will be my last post on WordPress. It’s time to announce that I am closing down my blog.
To keep from going stale you must forget your professional outlook and rediscover the virginal eye of the amateur. – Brassai
Now whilst I was never a professional I do feel that I and Say It With A Camera have gone a bit stale, but giving up on a blog that has over 2000 followers and been Freshly Pressed does seem a bit drastic. So why am I doing this?
Although I’m an amateur, Photography is my real passion and that’s why
- I have been working solidly on a project to photograph some of the historic churches that we have in North Wales.
- I’ve been looking out for all those yellow fields of flowers that are so abundant now; they photograph so well.
- I’m going to concentrate more on night photography. It has it’s own challenges and I really do need one. Actually I probably need more than one.
- The Snowdonia National Park is a beautiful place. I’m going to visit it more often with my camera.
- I’ve got to make some money to buy a new tripod, along with the new camera and a whole load of new gear.
Say It With A Camera will in effect lie dormant. I won’t delete the blog because there is some interesting information and a lot of great photographs there but this will definitely be the last post.
I’d like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you who followed, commented and liked my posts over the years. Without you Say It With A Camera would not have been as joyful to contribute to as it was, but it’s time to move on. Who knows maybe we will meet somewhere else on the internet?