I’m going to say it again. Are you like me trying to find a photograph to fit this latest theme? Summer Lovin‘, what’s that all about? Personally I hate summer for photography because the sun is shining brightly.
Teachers don’t work in the summer, and photographers don’t shoot in the middle of the day. – John Loengard
When I look at many of my landscape photographs I realise that the best ones are those which I have taken as the sun is setting. In the summertime the sun is overhead and the light is harsh, providing little contrast. between the shadow areas and the highlights.
In both of these photographs I can try to compensate by getting some good foreground interest and luckily the skies add some interest , but there’s no real shadows or contrast and everything looks kind of flat.
Compare that to the sunset below where the highlights and shadows on the rocks nd the low setting sun casts a warm glow over the clouds and the sea
So, Summer Loving, not in the heat of the day, give me a sunset anytime. Do you agree?
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Summer Lovin’ (atureaud.wordpress.com)
- Summer Lovin’ (oldmomsunite.wordpress.com)
- Photo Challenge: Summer Lovin’ (tnkerr.wordpress.com)
- Summer Lovin’ (thirdeyemom.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Summer Lovin’ (wanderingcows.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Summer Lovin’ (flyingneonlights.wordpress.com)
- Summer Lovin’ (worldwidesoulmate.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Summer Lovin’ Deux (hereandthere5.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Summer Lovin’ (nofixedplans5.wordpress.com)
- Photo Challenge: Summer Lovin’ (kirknicola.wordpress.com)