Whilst I was at Parys Mountain last week I spotted this bit of graffiti etched into the Trig Marker near the tower.
I wonder who Karen is? I don’t suppose we will ever find out? It got me thinking. How many times have we spotted a piece of graffiti and never given it a second thought? Sure it can be good to photograph, especially the more colourful ones. But why do people feel the need to leave their mark. maybe they’re just like us photographers and bloggers. It’s a way of expressing themselves.
But it still does not answer the question? Who is Karen? My thoughts. I think Karen has a love of the outdoors, after all why etch her name into something if she’s not there to see it? At the time she was young, probably quite fit, but could be any age now. Probably Welsh, we are on Anglesey. What do you think? I’d love to hear your description of Karen.
- A London Day Out (lacer.wordpress.com)
- A Little Taste of Things to Come – Glasgow Graffiti (allisonannemunro.wordpress.com)
- Graffiti in Manchester (danwhite93.wordpress.com)
- Parys Mountain Sunset (starlightramblings.wordpress.com)
- Parys mountain/Mynydd Parys , Ynys Môn/Anglesey Holiday ,16th to 23rd July (jakeofwinterhill.wordpress.com)