Every night in Hong Kong Victoria Harbour is lit up with a dazzling multimedia light show which illuminates the exterior of 45 buildings on both sides of the harbour. Developed by Laservision, an Australian firm, the show features music, decorative lighting and lasers. Guinness World Records has recorded the show as the world’s largest permanent show and I think it makes a good subject for this weeks Weekly Photo Challenge, especially as the subject is Night Time.
Organised by the Hong Kong Tourism Board, and as long as there is good weather, the show can be seen every night commencing at 8 pm (2000 hrs) and lasts for about 14 minutes. Each night the show alternates the commentary language between, English (Mon, Wed, Fri), Mandarin (Tue, Thu, Sat) and Cantonese (Sun). Best places to see the show are the “Avenue of Stars” on the Tsim Sha Tsui waterfront or Wan Chai promenade outside the Golden Bauhinia Square. Both places get very crowded so make sure you pick your spot and stick to it. Tripods will get bumped by the crowds, there’s no getting away from it.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nighttime (tagnoue.wordpress.com)
- Nighttime Shooting…With Camera (carolyncholland.wordpress.com)
- weekly photo challenge: nighttime (plaridel.wordpress.com)
- Weekly photo challenge: nighttime (desfischersauge.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nighttime (zainabjavid.wordpress.com)
- Firenze Night Fire (shakespearesgal2.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge Nighttime: Now You See What I See? (idealisticrebel.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge Nighttime: Now You See What I See? (piecesofstarlight.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Nighttime (words4jp.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nighttime (schelleycassidy.wordpress.com)