This weeks challenge photograph or should I say Digital Art is a composite made from several photographs, textures and text layers. Winter is a coming in and during the winter months I usually end up creating several pieces of art work sometimes from my own photographs and textures or from freely available stock. As usual when I do this I will cite at the end of the article where I sourced the stock from.
The challenge this week was to create cover art and I decided to go with a book cover, probably science-fiction, but it could probably fit into other genres as well.
You can see the separate elements here, the monk, the clock, the arch and stairs. Add some textures and a bit of text, then blend it all together in Photoshop to produce the final result. My thanks to Marcus J Ranum for the use of the Red Monk which I have used before in other artwork. The Archway and Stairs was a piece of stock that I got free a long time ago from Fotolia. The Clock Face is from a series of textures provided by So-ghislaine on DeviantArt. Other textures used came from the excellent addition to Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 called Adobe Texture Pro. Other than those I’ve already mentioned everything else in this piece of work is the product of my imagination and Photoshop.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: My Halloween Card As Cover Art (piecesofstarlight.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Cover Art (geophiliac.wordpress.com)
- WPC: Cover Art (lulumusing.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: COVER ART: The Life of Maggie (maggiecarlise.wordpress.com)
- WPC – Cover Art (bessjonesphotography.wordpress.com)
- Cover Art Challenge (wtfaioa.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Cover Art (ettemeyer.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Cover Art. (annablakeblog.com)
- WordPress Photo Challenge Cover Art (bookreviews1966.wordpress.com)
- weekly photo challenge: cover art (book) (grahy.fr)
Mike, I’m impressed with all that you do with digital art. That is some clock there and the red robbed monk makes the scene. Very nice.
years of messing around with Photoshop, Yvonne. I used to create a lot of digital art like this when I was first learning PShop. It was a great way to learn all of the features.
LikeLiked by 1 person
That would look good as an album cover
Never thought of it as an album cover, but thank you for the comment