This is a really quick post but I just wanted to share with you the beautiful sunset we were lucky to watch tonight. At first I didn’t think it was going to be all that good. Yes, there were some nice cloud formations but the sun had already dropped behind Snowdon and the sky just wasn’t colouring up at all. Don’t get me wrong. I quite like this photograph but it could do with a bit more colour in the sky.
But long experience of sunset photography has taught me to wait around a while, sometimes Mother Nature saves her best for when the tourists have gone, and tonight was no exception. The photograph above was taken at 16:54, but look what happens to the sky 20 minutes later at 17:15.
Mother nature at her best and one of the best sunsets I’ve seen in a long time.. The moral of the story, hang around after the sunset, sometimes you will see something so much better.
- Round Britain By Railway Posters – Snowdon (retrorambling.wordpress.com)
- Decorate Your Castle-Meet Mother Nature-The Outdoor Design Expert (virginialinda.wordpress.com)
- “A Purple Sky” (daraswriting.wordpress.com)
- Fall Sunset in the PNW (flourandthread.com)
- Four Perspectives of Sundown on Nov 1 2016 South Salt Lake UT Valley (dmblood.typepad.com)