I’m finally getting over the stomach bug I’ve had for two weeks and am starting to eat properly again. To celebrate I paid a visit to my favourite bit of local coastline, Talacre Beach and Point of Ayr. My intention was to get a good walk in the fresh air and follow the coastal path through the wildfowl reserve, taking photographs of any birds I saw with a 500mm lens attached to the camera.
Now when I’ve got the 500mm lens attached to my main camera it’s not much use for anything other than long range close-ups. So I always carry a little point and shoot for back-up in case I see anything else of interest, such as a good landscape or maybe the sun setting if I’m late enough out. Anyway, on the way back I detoured to the lighthouse and managed to grab this photograph with the p+s from the top of the sand-dunes.
- Talacre Beach Lighthouse (mikehardistyhdr.wordpress.com)
- 52/2012 Week 9 (mikehardisty.wordpress.com)
- 52/2012 Week 8 (mikehardisty.wordpress.com)
- 52/2012 Week 7 (mikehardisty.wordpress.com)
- 52/2012 Week 6 (mikehardisty.wordpress.com)